Why Are Green Cleaning products better for the environment and me?
If you think that green cleaning products are less effective because they are made with natural and biodegradable components, you are incorrect! People often have this misguided idea, not knowing that conventional and green cleaning products clean with the same effectiveness. But, what is a green cleaning product?
Well, the concept of "green cleaning” means that a product:
- Have biodegradable components
- Comes from renewable sources
- No, or no toxicity to humans and aquatic life
- No carcinogenic, mutagenic or teratogenic
- No corrosive or irritant
- No endocrine disruptors as nonylphenol ethoxylate, alkyl phenol ethoxylate, agents without surfactants and zinc
- No phosphates, bleach or aggressive solvents
- Low level of volatile organic compounds
- Not flammable
- With low amounts of substances that degrade the ozone layer
- Formulas concentrated to reduce the amount of packaging required
- Recyclable packaging
When we talk about changing to a green cleaning product, we have to mainly consider that conventional cleaning products leave toxic compounds on the surfaces, on our skin, in water, in the air. We clearly don’t see any of those toxics and, perhaps, that’s why some people still prefer them, because they don’t see any hazard and have been using them for many years… the cost of conventional cleaning products is also an additional reason for people still buying them.
It’s true that many eco-friendly products are some dollars more expensive, but isn’t our health more important? Isn’t our environment and health deteriorating because of the large amount of chemicals and constant pollution? The good news is that we can make a difference and reduce the impact of those chemicals in our lives and environment by using green cleaning products. Here is why…
- Green cleaning products help protect water and the environment in general: the products are biodegradable and do not contain harmful substances in its composition
- Are products from renewable resources and do not contribute to the depletion of natural resources
- They do not contribute to the disruption of aquatic species and other species that feed on them
- Do not contribute to the degradation of the ozone layer
- To avoid compromising your health for volatile organic compounds, endocrine disruptors and other unwanted compounds
What do you need to look for or avoid in cleaning products?
- Look for certified products that relate to environmentally friendly
- Check the list of ingredients and avoid products with ammonia, bleach, formaldehyde, nitrobenzene, laurel sulfate, trichloroethane and heavy metals.
- Do not buy products that warn you about high toxicity. If they are harmful to you, they are to the environment.
- Choose products with natural flavorings and no synthetic fragrances
- Buy 100% organic, but if you can’t select criteria such as biodegradable, low toxicity, low amount of volatile organic compounds, natural flavors.
For these reasons before mentioned is that Green Ants Inc. uses eco-friendly products. We think it is our responsibility to keep our environment, customers and employees, safe at all times. Give us a call at (888) 564-7714, if you need more information about our services.